Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Gantry Cranes and Container Ships



I was feeling a little under the weather last night after a ridiculously busy day. I decided to youtube search my favorite things in the world! Gantry cranes and container ships.

I also remembered a video compilation Peripheral Produce called "From Tugboats to Polar Bears". There was this whole video on tug boats which was filmed at ports on the west coast. I thought I was gonna die. It was so fantastic. That compilation also includes another favorite of mine titled "The Subconscious Art of Graffiti Removal" which is narrated by Miranda July (the early years) if I remember correctly.

Oddly enough, you can netflix it too.

Anywho...Here are my favorites.





1 comment:

Dr. Gabbo said...

For more on my particular obsession on this topic, this site is excellent: Gallery of Container Ship Disasters

I realize, if you think the ships are cute, that this is a bit tragic. But it's also fascinating. Both for the reasons behind these accidents (primarily, human stupidity/laziness, or what I like to call "user error"), and the mere fact that they occur so frequently. (If you have access to Harper's magazine, please reference January 2007's cover article.)

var linkwithin_site_id = 113048; Related Posts with Thumbnails