Thursday, May 1, 2008

CocoRosie for Prada



I am amused by the extent of subcultural fashion theory. Like marketing.

Prada has just posted the CGI video trembled blossoms on their site with music by CocoRosie. I know those ladies have gained a lot of popularity over the past few years but I don't know how many of the wasp-bitties that can actual afford Prada will appreciate this new marketing direction.

I also find the video to be kinda irritating. Bugs that turn into shoes? Weird amorphous figure cloaking herself in the tell tale plaid and logo-emblazoned purse?

I like the song though. Very mellow. CocoRosie should put out a new album.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read in an interview that CocoRosie are working on a new album. They were saying they weren't that excited about touring for The Adventures of Ghosthorse and stillborn, because they had written so many new songs for their new album so were more in that mode.
Really like this song on the Prada thing.

Anonymous said...

cool!

Anonymous said...

Prada sucks!

var linkwithin_site_id = 113048; Related Posts with Thumbnails