Wednesday, September 30, 2009

One More Thing.





See that skirt.

I made it on Friday night an hour before we left.

I am kinda in love. Is it bad that I have worn it 4 times since?
(That would be 4 times in 6 days.)

I have been getting some good use out of my Apparel Design schooling this past week.

Working on a hooded, water-resistant, rain cape now. Hopefully I will be finishing it today. I did the flap welt pockets last night. I think it has been 8 years since I made a welt pocket.

I live in Oregon and do not own rain gear. I hate rain gear. Maybe this will help change my mind.

Photos upon completion.

7 comments:

rachel said...

It look fantastic!

nath said...

the skirt is amazing. amazing. love it.

Unknown said...

i really love it. i'm trying to learn how to sew... i really want to start making my own clothes! i have so many ideas just need to learn the basics...

andrea said...

I live in Oregon too, have no rain gear and I hate it (the rain gear, not Oregon.) If you made rain great as cute as that skirt, I'd buy it =)

Oh, My Darling said...

Wow, kudos on the skirt! I love your cardigan, too.

Joanna Goddard said...

oh my goodness, i'm in love with your skirt!!!!! how amazing that you can sew like that. ps. you are really cute.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow. I wish I had that whole outfit to wear!!!!! Today. Did you use a pattern for the skirt? And, what material did you use. I love it!

Just discovered your blog and am enjoying reading it!

Katie

var linkwithin_site_id = 113048; Related Posts with Thumbnails