Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I'm on fire.


Yesterday I stumbled across a cover the Chromatics do of my favorite Bruce Springsteen song, I'm on Fire.

I remember Eric playing it for me in a car a couple year's ago. He said that it reminded him of me. Not sure why.

Anyway...It was the first time I had heard it in year's and it flooded me with feelings of my childhood. Not memories but feelings. Like I was there again. (Anyone know what I mean?)

We also remarked that we were surprised none of the hipster bands had jumped on the 80s jive and covered this song yet. Whelp...they did.

Go get it. It is mellow and fantastic!

1 comment:

W. Justin Landers said...

I saw The Planet The cover "I'm On Fire" a few years back... They're the only other ones I know of. But I agree that it is underrepresented in the 'hip rock' canon.

var linkwithin_site_id = 113048; Related Posts with Thumbnails